Adavere Windmill, Kiima Tavern, Imavere Manor
In 1761, the pastor of Põltsamaa, a home-explorer and a literary man A. W. Hupel wrote about Adavere Manor: „Addafer, in Estonian Adavere, is an allodial Manor. It is a beauti-fully built Mansion with beautiful fertile lands, far-reaching fields and many taverns along the main roads. In Adavere Mansion burned bricks and lime and there is one Water Mill and one large Dutch Windmill...”
The Adavere Windmill is a six-story Dutch-type limestone windmill, which was originally plastered. The large and high basis is a quadrangle (the first two floors), the upper part is a tapering cone.
Windmill was fully renovated in 1979 as cafe. Post based wooden gallery, windmill’s head, wing shaft and wings was restored. Additionally, were built the wing buildings (architect F. Tombs, interior designer K. Roosi).
We walk from the Adavere Windmill to the Imavere along by Tallinn–Tartu Highway until to the Kiima Bus Stop (where there is a sidewalk, or every village mommy has a car?).
Over the road located remnants of Kiima Tavern. A few verst from the Adavere to the Koigi towards were three more taverns, which belonged to Imavere Mansion! The 19th century was the peak time of taverns, when in the Estonian Province was 1448 taverns and about the same amount in Livonia. The taverns were built along the main roads, also at the crossroads and certainly next to the churches. Farmers were forbidden to manufacture and sell vodka. As a result of the impose of State Vodka Sales Monopoly, in July 1st, 1900, the most of taverns were closed. Of them came the State Vodka Monopoly’s shops, canteens or community houses.
A few steps forward from the tavern’s ruins are a Signpost: Imavere 4 km. Let’s go there. Ahead is a Kiigevere–Imavere road. Soon we are on the land of Pilistvere Parish. The former Imavere’s Community House stays on the road. Then there is the Imavere’s Bus Stop. There, in the mysterious old park located Imavere Manor House.
The first written messages about Imavere Village (Immover) date from 1454. The land for the Mansion was allocated from the Loopre Mansion, in 1748. The Manor House and a number of ancillary buildings were completed in the 1820s when the Mansion belonged to the Stackelbergs. When the Manor was built, the Stackelbergs moved in, but the inhabitants of the immediate surroundings (Kureküla) had to go further to find the new arable land. In the late 19th century, von Stigel bought Imavere Manor, who bestow it to his son-in-law von Pistohlkors. He was the last squire of Imavere Mansion.
The Imavere Mansion had a Windmill. In 1908 was built a Vodka Factory, which was the most modern in the Baltics and of course there were also three taverns in the Mansion. Around the Manor were built a park and a large apple garden.
In 1920, three Village Schools (Järavere, Taadikvere and Kiigevere) were merged and was brought to the nationalized Manor and the Manor House became a Schoolhouse. To the Main building were built a second floor and an additional building. Here was shared school wisdom until 1994.
Currently, the Manor is privately owned and for sale and the outbuildings are mostly dilapidated. The situation is quite sad.
Our road leads to the Imavere, a Signpost showing: Imavere 2 km.
So, about half a kilometer away, we are in the gateway to the Sassi Ostrich Farm.
On the farm you can see ostriches and kangaroos, peacocks, parrots and many-more exotic chicken breeds and other birds. Farm is open for guests on request from April to August.
https://sites.google.com/site/jaanalinnufarm/farmist; email@example.com; phone: +372 56 657 199
And soon appears the Imavere Village Center. From the Adavere Windmill to the Imavere took a little less than two and a half hours.
Daila Aas, 2018
- Palverännutee alguspunkt
- The old Monastery and new Convent at Pirita
- The Koch Family Chapel
- The New Pirita Cemetery
- The Pirita-Kose Summer Manor
- The Konstantin Päts School-sanatorium
- The Iru Hill Fort
- The Town of Maardu
- Rootsi-Kallavere Village
- The Cross at Ihasalu
- Jägala Jõesuu Hill Fort
- Linnamäe Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Jõelähtme Church
- Rebala Museum and Rebala Heritage Conservation area
- Kostivere Caves
- Ajaveski and Loo Village
- Kostivere Manor
- Vandjala Village
- Maardu Manor
- Saha Chapel
- From Aruküla to Raasiku
- Dendropark in Udara Farm in Rätla
- From Kiviloo to Kaunissaare
- Kiviloo – Rooküla – Pikva
- From Matsimäe to Simisalu
- Tammsaare / Vargamäe
- Kodru bog
- Järva-Madise Church
- Seidla Windmill and Seidla Manor
- From Ageri to Valasti Village
- Roosna-Alliku Manor and von Stackelberg Family Cemetery
- Kodasema Catholic Centre
- Kooli Farm in Koordi Village
- Esna Manor and von Grünewaldt Family Cemetery
- Esna Village
- The old Former Parish Office in Esna
- Kareda Village
- Järva-Peetri Church and Cemetery
- Peetri alevik ja Ataste
- Rätsepa Farm in Müüsleri and Kaarevere Windmill
- Abaja Village
- Cold Water Tõnu’s water cure facility in Abaja Village
- Merja Hill Fort
- Vaali Manor and Village
- Palsu Farm
- Päinurme Museum
- The Pistohlkors Family Cemetery at Kütimäe
- Pärnasaare Cemetery
- Imavere Manor
- Sassi Ostrich Farm
- Pilu talu (Pillu mõis) Pilu külas
- Võisiku – Kundrussaare
- Lalsi Cemetery
- Verevi küla ja Sandimärdi kivikalme
- Suure-Rakke Village
- Tamme outcrop
- Tamme Windmill
- Rannu Church
- Rannu Cemetery and The old Former Parish Office in Vallapalu
- Rannu Apostolic Orthodox Church of Jesus Going to Jerusalem
- Rannu Manor
- Koni Windmill
- Kave spring
- Alt-Laari Hill Fort
- Hill Fort „Erumäe kants”
- Aru Manor
- Mosina Watermill
- Voika Watermill
- Aiamaa Village
- Meose Farm in Aiamaa Village
- Luke Manor
- Unipiha Manor and Hill Fort
- Kambja Cemetery
- Kaatsi cross-pine
- Maidla Post Station
- Andre Cheesefarm in Talvikese Village
- Küka Inn
- The Karilatsi Open Air Museum
- Ala-Musti Põdrakivi
- Poka Village
- Lake Janukjärv
- Varbuse Manor
- Estonian Road Museum in Varbuse
- Paidra Watermill
- Paidra and August Sabbe
- Jõeveere Farm-museum
- Puutli Village and Church
- Puutlipalu Bunker Battle
- Härma Walls
- Vastseliina Episcopal Castle
- Neuhausen’s House